Hey guys! Welcome to Entertaining the RV Life.
I’m Holly, creator of Entertaining the RV LIfe! I am a wife, a mother, and a real lover of food. I believe that creating new recipes and sharing them with the people I love is one of the most enjoyable things in life.
I also enjoy traveling the country with my family in our RV. Visiting new places and experiencing all of the beauty this country has to offer lights me up.
Entertaining the RV Life is my online platform where you will find new recipe ideas. But, I also share tips for making those recipes in a small space with limited cooking utensils and appliances.
I test products and recipes that make creativity in an RV-sized kitchen a possibility. I will show you that you can make amazing meals in YOUR tiny kitchen too.
I make plenty of one-pot meals that are easy to throw together without a lot of ingredients, but I also show you that space doesn’t have to hinder your ability to make elegant, more technical dishes as well.
Whether you live in your RV full-time or just travel in it often, it’s time to stop being intimidated by your limited space. Let’s find joy in cooking again!
My husband and I have been married for 25 years. We raised two amazing boys, and the last one is about to leave the nest.
We have been entertaining the idea of moving into our RV full-time for a while now. It will be just the two of us soon. We won’t need all of the space that we had when the kids were home.
We can travel, spend less money on utilities, and spend less time doing chores on our days off. This will allow us more time to pursue the things we are passionate about.
The only problem with that is that one of my greatest passions is my joy of cooking and entertaining. My kitchen is where I go to show my creativity. I love nothing more than to present my friends and family with a meal that I have created. The thought of no longer having that outlet had me second-guessing our decision.
The kitchens in RVs are generally not something to write home about. Ours is pretty big, but I was still had to get rid of a lot of my things. I also don’t have anywhere near the amount of counter space to work with.
It seems like more people are making the same decision that we are pondering. There are tons of YouTube channels about people who are ditching conventional life and living in their RVs full-time. There are also a lot of us out there who share my love of cooking and entertaining. I decided that I needed to find a way to combine the two.
That sparked the idea to create a blog. A place where I could experiment with cooking in a tight space…with a lot less to work with… and share what I learn along the way with you!
To create a community of like-minded people who share my love of all things food, travel and just living a simple, more joyful life. I want to show you that you don’t need a lot of fancy gadgets. You just need a few good tools, a bit of patience, and the desire to bring delicious meals to the table.
I can’t wait to hear what you create and where your amazing RV adventures take you!
If you are new to Entertaining the RV Life here are some good places to start. Keep in mind that I am new here too. I will add content as often as I can, but I will definitely post at least once a week.
- Check out my Recipes page where you can sort recipes by category.
- Get free recipes delivered straight to your inbox by subscribing to weekly emails.
- If you do try one of my recipes, please leave a rating and or a comment. Let me know how your version turned out. I would love to get to know you guys and hear all about your awesome adventures.
- If you have a question or would like to collaborate, you can contact me here. I will do my best to answer any questions as quickly as possible.
Fun Facts About Me
- Born– I was born in Puerto Rico, but I moved to the States when I was a baby. So don’t be surprised to see some traditional Puerto Rican dishes thrown into the mix occasionally.
- Travel– I LOVE to travel. My family and I have traveled much of the country in our RV. We have hiked the Grand Canyon and spent the Fourth of July at Mount Rushmore. We have been to Yellowstone, The Grand Tetons, and too many other beautiful places to list them all. There is still much to see and do and I can’t wait.
- Dream Vacation– Hands down Italy!
- Pets– I have a fat yellow tabby named Fanta and an adorable rescue dog named Sheena. I’m sure you will see them from time to time in my posts.
- Favorite Dessert– Crème Brûlée
- Favorite Pastime– No surprise, it’s cooking. But I also enjoy yoga, paddleboarding, and hiking.
I’m so excited to start this new adventure together! Please check back every week for more delicious recipes from my RV kitchen to yours.