Crispy and Delicious: Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops
Are you looking for a delicious and easy dinner idea?
These air fryer bacon-wrapped pork chops are perfect for busy weeknights or even a special weekend meal. They are crispy on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside. They have a mouth-watering bacon flavor that will leave you wanting more. Plus, the air fryer makes cooking these a breeze, with no need for oil and a quick cooking time.
Pork chops are a classic main dish that never goes out of style. But have you ever tried wrapping them in bacon and cooking them in your air fryer??!! If not, you are in for a real treat!
Frying pork chops on the stove in your RV can be a real hassle. The grease spatters everywhere and it can make a big mess.
That is why I was so excited to get my new Ninja Foodi last weekend. I seriously haven’t turned on my stovetop or oven once since I got it.
Last night I tried this Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe. It was done in half the time it normally takes to make it in my convection oven and it turned out great!
I will share a whole post about the wonders of this machine, but for now, back to the chops!
I always give instructions with step-by-step photos in my posts, just in case some readers have questions. But if you are just here for the recipe, click the JUMP TO RECIPE tab under the title and it will take you directly there. You can also print the recipe card with full instructions, or you can click one of the SHARE BUTTONS and save it for later!
Should you brine your pork chops in advance?
This is a total preference. I say, if you have the time, take the extra step. If you don’t want the hassle, skip it. Your pork chops will be delicious either way, but pork has a reputation for being dry. Brining, not only keeps them moist, but it also infuses the meat with a ton of flavor.
Making a brine is really simple. Just mix water, salt, sugar, and any other desired ingredients in a container or even just a large ziplock bag. Immerse the chops in the solution for at least an hour, but no more than 24 hours in the fridge. Here is how I made my pork chop brine.
After you have brined them for the desired amount of time, take them out of the solution and rinse them under cold water. Then pat dry and they will be ready to season.
Remember that you have just soaked them in salt water so I would stay away from any salty rubs or seasonings. Plus, you are going to wrap them in delicious, salty BACON so just a little garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and pepper should do the trick. Feel free to try whatever seasoning combinations your family enjoys.
How to make crispy bacon-wrapped pork chops in your air fryer
I use thick-cut boneless chops for this recipe. After seasoning, I wrap each chop in two slices of bacon. If your chops are bigger than the ones I used, you may need more slices. Just make sure they are wrapped securely. You can do this with toothpicks.
My Ninja Foodi has a sear function. I just preheat it to high and then lay the chops seam side down into the insert. You won’t need oil because of the bacon.
Sear until the bacon has browned on all sides. Take them out and put the grilling rack into the insert. Place the chops on the grilling rack and use the air fryer function to finish them off. I cook mine at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F on a meat thermometer.
Allow them to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into them.
You could skip the whole searing step and just cook them directly in the air fryer basket at 400°F for 12-15 minutes if you are in a big hurry. I just love the texture that searing the bacon gives this recipe. To me, it’s worth the extra step, but you do you.
What to serve with bacon-wrapped pork chops
They can be paired with a variety of sides like this recipe for Baked Mac and Cheese with Evaporated Milk to create a wholesome and balanced meal.
I paired mine with green beans that I cooked right in the Ninja Foodie at the same time. Here is how I did it:
After I seared the chops, I removed them to a plate and set them aside. Then I tossed the green beans with the bacon fat in the insert of the air fryer and sauteed them for about 5 minutes. Next, I added 1 clove of sliced garlic and 1/4 cup of chicken broth. I put on the pressure cooking lid and cooked them at high pressure for 3 minutes then did a quick release. Once they were done I continued with the recipe. I just placed the grilling wrack on top of the green beans while I continued to air fry the pork chops. Once everything was done I seasoned them to taste and served them alongside the pork chops.
Here are some other suggestions:
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted zucchini, Brussels sprouts, or sweet potatoes are a great compliment. You can toss the vegetables in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast them in the oven or right inside your air fryer.
- Salad: A simple salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers with a light vinaigrette can provide a fresh and light contrast to the rich meat.
- Mashed Potatoes: For a classic pairing you could make some creamy mashed potatoes. Try jazzing them up with some parmesan cheese or a little garlic.
- Grilled corn on the cobb: Grilling corn makes it smokey and sweet. This combination pairs well with the savory pork chops.
- Rice Pilaf: This flavorful side dish is made with sauteed onions, garlic, and herbs and it makes a satisfying and classy side dish.
Get ready to enjoy the juiciest and crispiest bacon-wrapped pork chops you’ve ever tasted with this air fryer recipe!
Let’s gather up the ingredients
- Thick-cut boneless pork chops: Try to choose a cut that is well-marbled. The fat is what gives them their flavor. You also want them to be pink, which indicates freshness.
- Thin-cut bacon: I wouldn’t use thick-cut bacon for this. Thinner slices will allow the heat to pass through and cook the pork evenly, and they will be crispier all the way around.
- Seasoning blend: If you are going to brine your chops in advance, remember to avoid anything salty. Some suggestions are smoked paprika, garlic, fresh cracked black pepper, rosemary, or thyme. If you are skipping that step, add some salt to the mix.
- Brining solution: If you are taking this step, you can find my recipe here.
Now let’s get cooking
Season your pork chops liberally with whatever seasoning blend you decide on. Wrap each chop in the desired amount of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
Set your air fryer to the sear function. Sear on high turning the pork until the bacon is brown and crispy on all sides (they will not be done at this point). Once they are brown, set them aside on a plate.
Now you are going to put the grilling rack into the air fryer and place the chops on top. Close the lid, and set the air fryer to 375°F. Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on their thickness. They will be done when the internal temperature reaches 145°F on a meat thermometer. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
(If your particular air fryer doesn’t have a sear function, simply place the chops in the fryer basket and cook them at 400°F for 12-15 minutes or until they are cooked through. Be sure to flip them halfway through the cooking process to ensure that they brown evenly).
Tips for Success
- The cooking time can vary depending on your air fryer and the size of your chops, so always use a meat thermometer to check that they have reached a safe internal temperature of 145°F before serving.
- Secure the bacon to the pork chops with toothpicks if needed.
- Remember to let your meat rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into it. This allows the meat to relax and for the juices to redistribute, which makes for a more tender and juicy pork chop.
Seriously, these pork chops turned out amazing! And they were SO easy to make. You should definitely make them soon.
If you decide to make this Crispy and Delicious: Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chop recipe, or any of my other PORK RECIPES please be sure to give it a rating and let me know how yours turned out. I love hearing your feedback and I will do my best to answer any questions you have as quickly as I can.
As always, I will be back next week with more delicious recipes from my RV kitchen to yours!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Learn how to get Amazon deliveries straight to your RV.
Crispy and Delicious: Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops
- 1 Air fryer I used the Ninja Foodie
- 3-4 Thick-cut boneless pork chops
- 6-8 Slices of bacon
- Seasoning blend of your choice
- Season your pork chops liberally with whatever seasoning blend you decide on. Wrap each chop in the desired amount of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Set your air fryer to the sear function. Sear on high turning the meat until the bacon is brown and crispy on all sides (they will not be done at this point). Once they are brown, set them aside on a plate.
- Put the grilling rack into the air fryer and place the chops on top. Close the lid, and set the air fryer to 375°F. Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on their thickness. They will be done when the internal temperature reaches 145°F on a meat thermometer. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- If your particular air fryer doesn't have a sear function, simply place the chops in the fryer basket and cook them at 400°F for 12-15 minutes or until they are cooked through. Be sure to flip them halfway through the cooking process to ensure that they brown evenly. °
- Cooking times may vary depending on the air fryer brand and model, so it is always best to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions and check the internal temperature of the pork with a meat thermometer (which should read 145°) to ensure that it is fully cooked.
- The number of calories can vary depending on the size of the pork chop and the type of bacon. On average, a 4 oz bacon-wrapped pork chop can have around 300-400 calories. However, it’s always best to check the nutritional information of the specific product you are consuming for an accurate count.