Arugula Salad with Roasted Beets and Prosciutto
Do you want to take your salad game up a notch? This Arugula Salad with Roasted Beets and Prosciutto will have you and your guests feeling like they just dined at the nicest restaurant in town!
My co-worker recently had a birthday. She told us that her husband had taken her to this fancy restaurant where she had the most amazing salad. She said it was arugula topped with goat cheese and walnuts and some sort of dressing that she couldn’t describe. But she deemed it delicious!
I haven’t been able to stop thinking about that salad since she described it. So I decided to attempt my own version with a few yummy tweaks.
This salad turned out better than I could have imagined! Seriously. It always amazes me how simple ingredients can turn into something SO wonderful.
It was just me tonight, so I decided to treat myself. I made beef tenderloin, accompanied by this amazing salad, and in my opinion, the salad stole the show.
It was spicy, tangy, sweet, AND salty!
I just happened to have leftover roasted beets in the refrigerator from the night before, but you can easily roast your own and keep them for up to a week in the fridge. Here’s how.
This arugula salad is simple to make yet it has such an elegant vibe. Trust me on this! If you want to impress a date, (maybe for Valentine’s Day, it’s just around the corner) or just want to treat your friends or family to an upscale treat, try this recipe. They will be so impressed!
Let’s gather up the ingredients
- Arugula– Also known as Rocket Lettuce because it is slightly spicy and peppery
- Goat Cheese-Tangy and rich and it goes so well with the sweetness from the beets. Don’t skip this ingredient!
- Prosciutto– Salty bits of meaty goodness
- Roasted Beets– Cut into bite-sized chunks. They are so sweet and add a vibrant color.
- Lemon– Juiced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- Use a good quality oil here. It is the main component of this vinegarette so you want the flavor to shine
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Dijon mustard– Your favorite brand
- Fresh garlic– Grated or pressed. You don’t want any large pieces of garlic for this dressing
Now, let’s make the dressing
This couldn’t be easier. Just add the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Dijon, sugar, and garlic to a Mason jar. Put the lid on tight and then give it a shake! This is how I like to make all of my salad dressings. Once it has emulsified, you can set it aside and build your salad.
Build the salad
Put the arugula in a large mixing bowl and add as much of the vinaigrette as you would like. You can store the rest right inside the Mason jar for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Toss until the arugula is completely coated in the lemony, garlicky dressing.
Portion the dressed greens onto plates. Now top with the sweet roasted beets, crumbled goat cheese, and salty Prosciutto. Drizzle a little more dressing on top and you have a masterpiece!
OH MY GOSH, you guys! I’m telling you that you will feel like you’ve eaten in a five-star restaurant after eating this salad.
What to serve with this Arugula Salad with Roasted Beets and Proscuitto
Just look how gorgeous this is! Now grab a glass of wine and enjoy.
If you decide to treat yourself and your loved ones to this arugula salad, please be sure to give it a rating and let me know how yours turned out. I love hearing your feedback and I will do my best to answer any questions you have as quickly as I can.
As always, I will be back next week with more delicious recipes from my RV kitchen to yours!
Arugula Salad with Roasted Beets and Proscuitto
- 1 Beet, roasted and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 4 large handfuls arugula
- 4 slices Proscuitto
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pressed
Make the vinegartette
- In a Mason jar, combine 6 Tbsp olive oil, 3 Tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp sugar, and 1 grated clove of garlic. Put the lid on the jar and shake until the vinegarette is emulsified.
Make the salad
- Put the arugula into a large mixing bowl. Add the desired amount of vinegarette, and then toss to coat.
- Portion the arugula onto 4 plates. Top with roasted beets, crumbled goat cheese and Proscuitto.