These wings are the perfect combination of spicy and sweet with a mellow garlic flavor. Perfect for any party, but you don’t have to wait for guests, they are so easy, you can whip up a batch any night of the week.
These wings are the perfect combination of spicy, and slightly sweet with a mild mellow garlic flavor in the background.
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter divided
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press or grated with a micro-plane
- ½ cup of your favorite hot sauce I prefer Franks Original Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the chicken wings at the joint into sections. Discard the tips or save them for chicken stock later.Wash the wing sections and pat them completely dry.
- Add the dry wings to a large bowl and season with the salt and lemon pepper seasoning. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to permeate the meat.
- Cook the wings per your favorite method
For the sauce:
- Melt 2 tbs of the butter along with the garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer gently for about 1 minute so that the garlic can infuse into the butter.
- Add the hot sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and vinegar to the garlic butter. Simmer for another 3 minutes and then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the remaining 2 tbs of cold butter, 1 tbs at a time, allowing each tbs to melt completely before adding the next. This will help to emulsify the sauce.
- Add the cooked wings to the large bowl of sauce and toss until wings are well coated. Serve immediately with ranch or blue cheese dressing!