Caesar Chicken Wraps
You are going to want to try these Caesar Chicken Wraps with Avocado and Bacon! They are easy to make and packed full of wholesome and delicious ingredients. Grilled chicken, bacon, avocado, and don’t forget the cheese! Throw in some salad greens and you have a complete meal wrapped into one neat little bundle. Pretty handy for a weekday lunch or a premade dinner on nights when you know you are going to be short on time.
If you are a planner like me, you know that there are just some nights when you are not going to have the time or the energy to make dinner. It can be tempting to grab a pizza or stop by the nearest fast food chain to grab something quick on those days, but with a bit of planning, you could have something way healthier and equally as delicious waiting for you to throw together in a matter of minutes when you get home.
You could also swap out the chicken in this recipe for this Avocado Tuna Salad. This is just another great example of a quick and healthy lunch or dinner that you will feel good about eating.
Let’s gather up the ingredients:
- Tortillas– Large burrito-sized. You can even make your own using my Homemade Flour Tortilla Recipe
- Romaine lettuce– Washed and chopped
- Avocado– Plan ahead so your avocado is ripe when you need it. This is how to choose the perfect avocado.
- Shortcut Caesar Dressing
- Bacon– Cook it ahead of time so it’s ready to go.
- Chicken– This is a great use for whatever kind of leftover chicken you have.
- Cheese– I love crumbled Blue Cheese in these wraps, but you use YOUR favorite kind.
Plan it out
These wraps can be made with any kind of chicken. Grilled chicken, poached chicken, rotisserie chicken, roasted chicken… you get the point! It doesn’t matter what KIND of chicken you use, just cook it or buy it in advance then shred it or chop it however you see fit. Pop it in an airtight container and put it in the fridge.
Next comes the creamy Caesar dressing. This is the key component. This dressing is so easy to make you guys! Don’t stress about it at all. All you need is a mason jar and a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Add all of the ingredients to the jar, shake it up, and put it in the fridge. You can find my recipe for Short Cut Caesar Dressing here.
Chop the Romaine lettuce. When I buy lettuce at the store, I like to bring it home, wash it, and store it in Ziplock bags. That way, it is ready for me when I need it. And it doesn’t take up a lot of space in my small RV refrigerator. You could obviously also just buy the pre-bagged lettuce at the store. I prefer not to do that because it is much more expensive and chopping it on my own is so easy.
Cook the bacon. I always cook my bacon on a Bacon Tray in the microwave. Once cooked, you can wrap the pieces in paper towels and put them in a Ziplock bag to store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to use it, the slices can quickly be heated back up for a few seconds in the microwave.
Now that you have all of the components, this meal is going to come together in a flash.
Let’s get cooking!
When you are ready to eat, warm the tortillas in a pan on the stove or in the microwave for a few seconds. Toss the romaine lettuce with the desired amount of dressing. Then start to layer your ingredients. I like to start with a base of lettuce, then pile on the chicken, bacon, avocado, and blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle with a little more dressing, then roll them up just like you would a burrito.
You can eat these warm or chilled. They taste great either way!
As always, if you decide to make these Caesar Chicken Wraps with Avocado and Bacon, please be sure to give them a rating and let me know how yours turned out. I love hearing your feedback and I will do my best to answer any questions you have as quickly as I can.
I will be here next week with more delicious recipes from my RV kitchen to yours!
Caesar Chicken Wraps
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese or cheese of your choice
- ½ cup Short Cut Caesar Dressing Recipe linked in the notes below
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped lettuce and avocado. Toss with as much Caesar dressing as you like.
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet or put them in the microwave one at a time for about 20 seconds.
- Spread a layer of salad onto the tortilla and then layer on the chicken, bacon, and cheese.
- Drizzle with more dressing.
- Fold the ends of the tortillas in over the toppings and then roll. Burrito style.
- Serve at room temperature or place in a skillet with olive oil to warm.