Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe | Made with Spice Cake Mix
Who doesn’t love Pumpkin bread? It’s a classic fall season treat that pleases both kids and adults. It’s delicious and easy to make. And if you’re short on time, this Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Spice cake mix will make your life even easier.
This is one of those simple recipes that make you look like a rockstar even though in reality you had to put in very little effort. I LOVE that!
Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a baker. I like to eat sweet treats, but I have never been into the whole “exact measurements” part of baking. That’s why I love easy hacks like box cake mix!
I mean come on. I think Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines have this whole measurement thing figured out, right?
This easy 4-ingredient (5 if you add the chocolate chips) pumpkin bread recipe takes their expertise and bumps it up a notch. All of the leavening agents, flour, and other ingredients are already in the bag. Just add the eggs, can of pumpkin puree, and butter to create a rich and moist pumpkin bread that will have everyone thinking you spent hours in your RV kitchen.
I always give instructions with step-by-step photos in my posts, just in case some readers have questions. But if you are just here for the recipe, click the JUMP TO RECIPE tab under the title and it will take you straight there. You can also print the recipe card with full instructions, or you can click one of the SHARE BUTTONS and save it for later!
Let’s gather up the ingredients
All of the ingredients for this recipe can easily be found at any local grocery store.
- Box of spice cake mix
- Pumpkin puree- be sure to grab a can of pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling which contains ingredients that we don’t need here.
- Butter– Softened to room temperature
- Chocolate chips– Optional
That’s all you need to make this easy cake mix pumpkin spice bread!
Now Let’s Get Cooking
Combine the softened butter and pumpkin puree in a large bowl with a hand mixer.
Beat at medium speed until just combined. Add the eggs.
Beat until fully combined. It will look a little grainy, but that’s okay.
Add the spice cake mix to the pumpkin mixture.
And beat on low speed until just combined. Now add the chocolate chips if you are using them. Gently fold them into the batter.
Transfer the batter to a 9×5-inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can spray the loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Add in 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or fruit such as raisins or dried apples.
- Try different cake mix flavors. Use a yellow cake mix and add some pumpkin pie spice.
- Use a chocolate cake mix instead!
- Instead of using a loaf pan, you could turn these into pumpkin muffins! Pour the batter into muffin tins and reduce the baking time to 20 minutes. Now you have treats to share with everyone at the campground!
- Make some cream cheese frosting to slather on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert it onto a wire rack to cool. If you leave it in the pan, it will create a gummy layer on the bottom and will no longer be crusty.
Pumpkin bread can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If you are storing the bread in the refrigerator, be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
Put a slice in the toaster oven, air fryer, or microwave safe plate with a little butter on top. Heat until the butter melts and soaks into the bread. This will ensure the quick bread stays moist until it has been warmed to your liking.
Enjoy a slice of pumpkin bread slathered with butter as an afternoon snack with this Honey Grapefruit Tea, a cup of coffee, or a glass of milk.
Not into Pumpkin? Try my sweet and delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. It is one of my most requested recipes.
Tips for Success:
- Pour batter into pan and smooth out so it is the same thickness all the way across and bakes evenly.
- After about 30-45 minutes check to make sure the top of the bread isn’t getting too brown. If it is, just loosely tent a piece of aluminum foil over the top
Equipment used to make this recipe
If you decide to make this Pumpkin Bread or any of my other Recipes, please be sure to give it a rating and let me know how yours turned out. I love hearing your feedback and I will do my best to answer any questions you have as quickly as I can.
As always, I will be back next week with more delicious recipes from my RV kitchen to yours!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Learn how to get Amazon deliveries straight to your RV.
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe | Made with Spice Cake Mix
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips if you are using
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Use parchment paper to line a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, and butter. Using a hand mixer, mix until just combined.
- Add the eggs and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the spice cake mix beat until well combined.
- If you are adding chocolate chips, fold them into the batter at this point.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.