Simple Cheesy Eggs on Toast
Simple and delicious. Perfect for busy mornings when you want to eat something healthy, but are short on time. Serve these cheesy eggs over a slice of crispy sourdough or whole-grain toast. These simple eggs are easy to prepare and take just minutes to make!
On busy mornings, it may seem like you don’t have time for a hearty breakfast, but if you prepare your ingredients the night before, this meal can come together in a matter of minutes.
How to prepare the night before
Make your garlic butter and put it in an airtight container. Shred your cheese and set it in a small bowl in your refrigerator. You could even boil and peel your eggs in advance.
When you wake up in the morning, pull out your bowl of cheese and set it on the counter so it can come to room temperature while you are getting ready for your day. When you are ready to eat just pop the eggs back into a pan of boiling water for a minute or two to warm them up.
Once they have warmed through, slice and mash them in the bowl with the shredded cheese. You want to do this while the eggs are still hot so that the cheese can melt. Then make your toast and pile on the cheesy, melty eggs. Drizzle with the garlic chile butter and your choice of toppings. Enjoy a delicious, nourishing breakfast that took very little time to make!
- Eggs – Cooked to your desired doneness
- Cheese – I like to use Cabot Extra Sharp White Cheddar, but feel free to experiment or just use whatever you have on hand.
- Butter and extra virgin olive oil– For the luscious garlic butter drizzle.
- Garlic – Freshly minced or grated.
- Red pepper flakes – Adjust to your heat tolerance.
- Paprika – Smoked paprika adds a delicious smokey flavor.
- Bread – You will want to use sturdy bread that will hold up to the weight of the eggs. I like to use sourdough or whole-grain artesian bread.
- Garnish – Garnish with your favorite toppings like sliced avocado or fresh herbs.
This recipe is so versatile. Enjoy these simple cheesy eggs on toast for breakfast, lunch, or even a quick dinner. If you’d like to see more delicious recipes made in my RV kitchen Click Here.
Simple Cheesy Eggs on Toast
Garlic Butter Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finley minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup of your favorite cheese finely shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces sour dough or whole grain bread toasted
Boil the eggs:
- Place 4 eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water has come to a boil, cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes if you want a softer yolk and 10 minutes for hard boiled.
While your eggs cook, make the garlic butter:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika. Let the butter bubble up and begin to brown and then remove from the heat and set aside. Don't let your pan get too hot. You don't want to burn the garlic.
Back to the eggs:
- Once the eggs have cooked for the desired amount of time, drain, peel, and slice them in half. While they are still hot, put them in a bowl along with 1/2 cup of your favorite shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper. (You want the eggs to be hot so that the cheese will melt easily) Use the back of a fork to lightly mash the eggs and cheese together.
- Spoon the mixture over the toast, drizzle with the garlic butter and fresh herbs if you have them. If not, no problem. It's still delicious.