Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mini-Loaves
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Learn how to get Amazon deliveries straight to your RV.
Are you looking for a delicious and moist chocolate chip banana bread recipe? This one will definitely satisfy your craving!
Chocolate and bananas are a match made in heaven so, whenever I buy my husband bananas at the store, I always “accidentally” buy too many so that I have an excuse to make this recipe. I like to make it in mini-loaf pans for a few different reasons.
- They easily fit into my RV oven.
- They are easy to share with friends and family, or maybe with your temporary neighbors at the campground.
- I find that they cook quicker and more evenly when I bake them in smaller pans.
- It keeps me from eating an entire large loaf all by myself. If you don’t want to share, you could always freeze them and pull one out as a mid-week treat.
Enjoy this banana chocolate chip bread warm with a cup of coffee or as a sweet snack throughout the day. It is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while using up those overripe bananas that are sitting on your counter.
I always give instructions with step-by-step photos in my posts, just in case some readers have questions. But if you are just here for the recipe, click the JUMP TO RECIPE tab under the title and it will take you straight there. You can also print the recipe card with full instructions, or you can click one of the SHARE BUTTONS and save it for later!
Let’s Gather Up the Ingredients
- Butter– Make sure it has softened to room temperature.
- Sugar- Just plain ol’ granulated sugar here.
- Eggs– Room temperature because eggs that are at room temperature are more easily and quickly dispersed and blended with the other ingredients to form a stable emulsion which is what gives you a smooth, cohesive batter.
- Bananas– You want these to be very ripe. Ripe=mushy, which is what we want here. You should be able to mash them with a fork.
- Flour– All-purpose
- Vanilla Extract– Use the real stuff. No imitation vanilla here (or anywhere for that matter) please 🙂
- Baking Soda-Baking soda is the leavening agent of choice in quickbreads like banana bread.
- Salt-Salt acts as a flavor enhancer.
- Chocolate chips– I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe because over-ripe bananas are already pretty sweet, but feel free to use whatever chocolate you prefer. Milk chocolate will make it sweeter, or bittersweet chocolate will help to cut down on the sweetness.
Now Let’s Get Cooking
You can use either a stand mixer, an electric hand mixer or, if you need to get an extra arm workout in for the day, you could even whisk this together by hand.
I had to pick and choose which appliances I would move into the RV with me, and my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer made the cut. It is big and bulky, but it fits nicely under the bench seats in the dining area. If you don’t have the space, this Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer is a great alternative. It’s much more compact, but still gets the job done.
First cream together the softened butter and sugar in your mixing bowl until the mixture is fluffy and pale.
Add eggs one at a time, being sure to fully incorporate one before adding the next.
Add the bananas and vanilla to the bowl and mix until combined. Don’t panic. It will look like a curdled mess at this point. Once you add the dry ingredients, the batter will come back together.
Whisk the dry ingredients together and then add to the batter. Mix until thoroughly combined. See, I told you it would come back together 🙂 The chocolate chip banana bread batter should be thick and have small lumps of banana.
Fold in the chocolate chips just until they are incorporated.
Now transfer the batter equally among the 4 prepared loaf pans.
Bake at 350°F for 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pan and slicing.
The chocolate will remain gooey and moist long after you have removed the bread from the oven. Slather on some butter (trust me on this) and you will have a decadent treat that the neighbors will be fighting over!
I don’t bake a lot, but if you enjoy this recipe you may also like to try my homemade cinnamon rolls. They are definitely more work, but equally as delicious and sharable!
If you decide to make these chocolate chip banana bread mini loaves, please be sure to give them a rating and let me know how yours turned out. I love hearing your feedback and I will do my best to answer any questions you have as quickly as I can.
As always, I will be back next week with more delicious recipes from my RV kitchen to yours!
Chocolate Chip Bread Mini Loaves
- 4 5.75 x 3.25 inch mini loaf pans
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed Should eqaul about a cup
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 4 (5 3/4×3-inch) mini loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in a bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until the mixture is pale yellow and creamy. Add eggs one at a time making sure each one is completely incorporated before adding the next. Continue beating until well mixed. Add bananas and vanilla; beat at low speed until well mixed. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake 33-38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pans. Spread sliced bread with butter as desired.