Quick and Easy Guacamole
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Learn how to get Amazon deliveries straight to your RV.
Do you need a quick and easy guacamole recipe for the big game or just want a delicious and healthy snack?
If you love avocados as much as I do, you will love this quick and easy guacamole recipe. It only has a few simple ingredients so it comes together in no time and the avocado is the star of the show!
The fact that it tastes amazing aside, homemade guacamole is also very healthy for you! And it’s really easy to make at home.
Never buy pre-made guacamole again. I promise, making it from scratch is super easy and tastes SO much better.
It’s also very versatile. You can add anything under the sun if you want to take your guacamole game up a notch. Some good options would be jalapeno, diced onion, cilantro, cumin, diced tomato, or even crumbled BACON!
The possibilities are endless and can be left up to your imagination.
Let’s gather up the ingredients:
- Avocados– Click the link for some excellent information about picking the perfect avocado.
- Limes– Depending on how juicy the lime is one is probably sufficient for this recipe.
- Fresh garlic– Use a garlic press or grate the cloves with a Microplane. You don’t want big chunks of garlic in your guacamole.
- Red onion– Finley minced. This is totally optional, but I love the color and flavor it adds.
How to make guacamole
Making homemade guacamole is incredibly simple and it tastes so much better when it’s made from scratch. There are a lot of different ways you can make it, but I find that using just a few fresh ingredients is always the best.
This recipe is how I make guacamole most often. It’s really easy and delicious and you don’t have to dirty up a lot of dishes to make it!
When you are cooking in a tiny kitchen like I am, the fewer dishes you dirty, the better. Here are the simple steps to make this guacamole recipe.
1. Cut the avocados in half from top to bottom.
2. Remove the pit and scoop the flesh of the avocado into a bowl.
3. Mash the avocados using a fork.
4. Squeeze in the lime juice, add the minced garlic, and a bit of salt, and mix it all together.
Using a Mortar and Pestle makes it really easy to smash all of the ingredients together in one dish. and it makes for a nice presentation. I use mine all the time. You can find them on Amazon.
That’s all there is to it! You’ve just made guacamole that is WAY better than the store-bought stuff.
How to store leftovers
Guacamole is always best eaten shortly after making it. We hardly ever have any of this left at our house, but if you need to, you can store any leftovers for a few days in the fridge.
Just put it in a bowl, smooth the top with a spoon, and cover it with a piece of plastic wrap. It is important that the plastic wrap is pressed firmly onto the guacamole so that air can’t get to it. This will help to keep it from turning brown.
Ok guys, grab yourself a bag of your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!
This post was all about how to make a quick and easy guacamole. If you’d like to see more recipes like this one check out my appetizer page.
If you decide to make this quick and easy guacamole, please be sure to give it a rating and let me know how yours turned out.
I love hearing your feedback and I will do my best to answer any questions you have as quickly as I can.
As always, I will be back next week with more delicious recipes from my RV kitchen to yours!
Quick and easy guacamole
- mortar and pestle Optional
- 3 Ripe avocados
- 1 Juicy lime you may need 2 if they don't give off a lot of juice
- 1 Garlic clove pressed through a garlic press or grated on a Microplane
- Salt to taste
- Red onion, minced finely optional
- Run a knife around the avocado (from top to bottom) and then twist the two halves until the pit is exposed. Pull out and discard the pit. Using a spoon, remove the flesh and place it into a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze both halves into the bowl with the avocado. Add the garlic and salt. Using a fork gently mash the avocado halves to your desired consistency and then stir all of the ingredients together.
- Taste for seasoning and then enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.