Caesar Roasted Brussels Sprouts | Air Fryer Recipe
Elevate Your RV Cooking Game with these Caesar Roasted Brussels Sprouts Made in the Air Fryer.
Beautifully charred and caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside, these little gems will have you rethinking how you feel about this once-considered boring and mushy vegetable!
I always give instructions with step-by-step photos in my posts, just in case some readers have questions. But if you are just here for the recipe, click the JUMP TO RECIPE tab under the title and it will take you straight there. You can also print the recipe card with full instructions, or you can click one of the SHARE BUTTONS and save it for later!
Exploring the country in your RV doesn’t mean you have to compromise on delicious and healthy meals.
RV life often calls for culinary creativity, making the most of limited space and resources. And what better way to add a touch of gourmet flair to your RV kitchen repertoire than with a dish that’s both delicious and easy to make?
The Caesar Twist
What sets these Brussels sprouts apart is the indulgent addition of Caesar dressing and homemade garlic bread crumbs!
The combination of the slight bitterness from the sprouts, the rich umami flavors of my homemade Caesar dressing, and the crispy texture achieved by roasting in the air fryer will make this a new favorite in your travel cookbook!
But, achieving that delightful crispy, golden exterior on your Brussels sprouts requires a few tricks!
Begin by preheating your air fryer as you prep your other ingredients. After some trial and error, I have discovered that 375℉ is the optimal roasting temperature.
Once the basket is thoroughly heated, arrange the sprouts in a single layer.
Tips for Success: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket or the sprouts will steam and become soggy.
When the sprouts are tender and perfectly roasted, they get tossed with my homemade Caesar dressing which embodies all of the flavors of a traditional Caesar salad. Garlic, lemon, Worcestershire sauce, homemade croutons, and parmesan cheese.
This recipe will turn any sprout skeptic into a sprout fanatic!
The RV Kitchen MVP Award Goes to… The Air Fryer
The beauty of this dish lies not just in its taste but also in its simplicity. The air fryer, a compact kitchen wonder, takes center stage in this recipe.
Its ability to mimic the crispiness of deep-frying without excessive oil makes it a game-changer for RV cooking. Also, it preheats quickly and is incredibly energy-efficient—a win for any traveler conscious of resource usage.
Tips for Success: Any brand or model of air fryer will work, but our favorite is the Ninja Foodi 10-in-1. It is a bit pricey, but when you consider all of the things this bad boy can do, it is well worth the investment. Check out my tips and resources page for more information on where to buy it and all of its features. The air fry function works like a charm.
We use ours all of the time to make quick, easy, and delicious dishes like these:
For now, I give you this Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe using my 5-minute homemade creamy Caesar dressing, but I’ve also provided the ingredients to make the dressing from scratch.
Let’s gather up the ingredients
For the sprouts
- Raw Brussels sprouts– use fresh Brussels sprouts that are trimmed and cut in half
- Olive oil– a little bit of olive oil helps the Brussels sprouts crisp up and makes them golden brown
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
For the Caesar dressing
- Mayonnaise – this is the base for your dressing so use a quality brand such as Heilman’s
- Fresh garlic cloves – grated on a Microplane or pressed through a garlic press. You don’t want large chunks of garlic in your dressing.
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed is always best, but you could use bottled juice in a pinch.
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh parmesan cheese – grated finely. I like to do this on my Microplane.
- Water– the dressing will be thick so you will need a little water to thin it out.
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Fish sauce or anchovy paste– optional
Now Let’s get cooking
Using a cutting board and a sharp knife, trim off the bottom stem of the Brussel sprouts and then cut them in half. Discard yellowed or blemished outer leaves.
In a large bowl, toss them with the oil and spices and then add them to the preheated air fryer. Be sure not to crowd them too much.
Cook at 375℉ for about 5 minutes. Then shake the air fryer basket to toss them around. Cook for another 5 minutes and shake again.
Repeat this process until they have achieved your desired crispiness, then add them back to the large bowl and drizzle with the delicious Caesar dressing. Give them one final toss and they are ready to serve!
Tips for success: I like to make the creamy Caesar dressing in a mason jar, but you could certainly whisk it together in a small bowl.
How to serve Caesar Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These air fryer Brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish!
Top them with lemon zest and crumbled crunchy croutons or take this recipe to the next level and make some parmesan crisps to serve alongside. (Just try not to eat them all before they make it to the table!)
Frequently Asked Questions
No air fryer? No problem! Use a rimmed baking sheet and cook them in your RV oven. Just be sure to preheat the sheet pan before placing the sprouts cut-side down in an even layer. This will help with the crispy factor.
Absolutely! While homemade dressing adds a personal touch, store-bought Caesar dressing will work fine if you’re short on time or ingredients.
On average, it takes about 15-20 minutes at 375°F, but cooking times may vary based on the size of the Brussels sprouts and the specific air fryer model.
Yes! You can pre-cut the Brussels sprouts and even toss them in the oil and spices beforehand. When ready to cook, simply pop them into the air fryer for a quick roast.
The robust flavors of Caesar dressing, with its combination of garlic, anchovies, Parmesan cheese, and tangy undertones, complement the natural earthiness of Brussels sprouts exceptionally well.
So, next time you’re craving a savory, crispy side dish that’s easy to whip up in your RV kitchen, consider giving these Caesar Roasted Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer a try. Your taste buds— and the people you share them with — will thank you.
If you decide to make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and let me know how yours turned out. I love hearing your feedback and I will do my best to answer any questions you have as quickly as I can.
As always, I will be back next week with more delicious recipes from my RV kitchen to yours!
Caesar Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Air fryer See note below
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 tablespoons 5-minute Caesar dressing Recipe below
- Crumbled garlic croutons. Homemade or store-bought Recipe below
- Preheat your air fryer to 375℉
- Using a cutting board and a sharp knife, trim off the bottom stem of the Brussel sprouts and then cut them in half. Discard yellowed or blemished outer leaves.
- In a large bowl, toss them with the oil and spices and then add them to the preheated air fryer. Be sure not to crowd them too much.
- Cook at 375℉ for about 5 minutes. Then shake the air fryer basket to toss them around. Cook for another 5 minutes and shake again.
- Repeat this process until they have achieved your desired crispiness, then add them back to the large bowl and drizzle with the Caesar dressing.
- Give them one final toss and they are ready to serve!
- Garnish with crumbled croutons and some fresh lemon zest.
- 5-minute Caesar dressing recipe
- Homemade Garlic Croutons